Saturday, August 18, 2012

Jaxson Comes Home

There hasn't been a whole lot to update you on over the last few days. It's mostly been Jaxson getting back on a regular eating schedule and me adjusting to going back to work. Nothing major to report, which is nice!

Today, though, is a different story. I write to you from the hospital today as Jaxson does his 90 minute carseat test. Jayson took Jeffrey to the park for a few after picking up Jaxson's prescriptions at the pharmacy. The nurses got all of our stuff together in bags between last night and this morning, and the nurse today is working on scanning out every bottle of milk I have here. There are seven bins! It looks like we're going to have to use it up before we need to buy formula. We don't have enough space in our freezer for all of it! Guess I produced more than I thought.

After Jaxson's carseat test, we've got to feed him and then we get to go home! I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed. We have a place for him to sleep and a few outfits, but not much else. We just didn't know how to plan for this little guy and now I feel like we're scrambling to get what we need. The carseat he's in isn't even ours. It's Ariella's and we have to give it back.

And then there's the matter of integrating this little guy into our daily home routines. I don't really see it being a problem, it's just an adjustment because he's home and not at the hospital. We've spent the last six and a half weeks driving back and forth and now everyone is finally going to be under one roof. I'm really excited about it, just nervous! Jaxson will have is own adjustment period as he sees what the real world is like. I mean, this kid has never been outside except to be transferred from Riverside to Children's! So he's going to have his own adjustment period too.

This is definitely a good thing. Babies are supposed to be home with their families. And I know that once we get there everything is going to work out fine. It's the anticipation of getting him there that's making me a wreck. Crossies all goes well so I can be comfortable going back to work on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment