Saturday, July 21, 2012

Movin' Up!

This one will be pretty quick because there's really not much to update. My favorite part of the day was when Jeffrey asked to hold his baby brother. It was the first time he's shown interest, so I let him. I got some cute pictures for them to see later in life. Jeffrey is going to be an absolutely amazing big brother to this little boy. I am truly blessed with Jeffrey. How many three year olds will sit in the NICU for an hour and be content with it? Yeah, I'm spoiled!

Jaxson is eating anywhere from 0-20mL from a bottle when he is presented with it! He even took a few mL's for me tonight :) Not much, but I was happy to see him trying and taking some in.

Plus, we're in a much more comfortable room now! Jaxson no longer needs the attention he did before, so they moved him to a different floor. I gotta say, seeing Children's number pop up on my phone when they called to tell me was not fun. I never knew so many thoughts could go through my head in the 3 seconds it took for me to put the phone to my ear! But they were just letting me know that he was being moved to the second floor. So he shares a nurse with a few other babies because he doesn't need to have someone hovering over him 24/7, which means he's making progress.

The best part about this move is that he has his own room! It was so much easier to have Jeffrey there and be able to spend some time with both of my boys tonight. There's a chair and a couch and privacy for me to pump beside his bed instead of going into another room. There's a TV with a DVD/VCR player and I actually get a cell signal in there so I can handle business while I'm at the hospital. I can even shut the door if I need it to be quiet for whatever reason. I'm actually looking forward to taking a nap on the couch with a baby on my chest and a toddler by my side :) I won't have to feel quite so bad about spending time at the hospital if I can have Jeffrey there with me.

Jaxson having his own room is a huge step. And I think it will really help his respiration rate. I've been praying for something like this because Jax reacts to every stressor in a room. Anytime another baby would cry, monitors would go off or alarms would sound, Jaxson's breathing went through the roof. I can't wait to see how quickly he improves his breathing now that the bulk of those stressors have been removed!

Other than that, there's nothing new to report on Mr. Jaxson. His mom might have a nervous breakdown before this is all over, but he's doing great. So much better than anyone expected and for that I am extremely grateful. I think we're still looking at it being weeks before he comes home, but today I am able to take a step back and be thankful for the baby steps he has taken. And for the things that could have been that would have made this so much worse that aren't happening. Now I just want to focus on bringing him home as soon as he's ready, and helping him however I can to get that done. We're all ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment