Friday, July 27, 2012

No More Infection!

Today was a fabulous day! I went to see Jaxson as I do every morning with the intention of leaving around 1 to head home and take care of Jeffrey while Jayson went to work. Well, Jeffrey had other ideas. He and Jayson were at the park and Jeffrey fell. He was done at the park after that and asked to come to the hospital. Then he asked if I was there because he wanted to see me and spend time with me. I love that kid!

Meanwhile, I was hanging out with Jaxson who looked absolutely amazing today. He had his color back and was acting much better. Which makes sense as his hemoglobin was up to 12.1! I was able to feed him this morning too, which was nice because he hasn't had food in three days. They started him on half-feeds to make sure his body would tolerate the food on top of the antibiotics, and he at the full 24mL for me! I was so excited! Not only is that the most he's ever taken for me, but it's the most he's ever taken altogether.

The doctors made no changes to Jaxson's care today, just trying to get him back on regular feeds again. All of his cultures came back negative, so he's on antibiotics for 10 more days. That also meant that they didn't have to draw blood today, yay! They'll have to take some tomorrow or the next day I think because they'll check it again to make sure everything is still the same, but he gets to go a day or two without getting stuck.

Once I saw that Jaxson was okay, I decided to leave when Jayson left this morning. Jeffrey was all about spending time with me, so I wanted to make sure I gave that to him. We went to lunch together and then came home and played before he took a nap. While he slept, I picked up the house and did a load of laundry. I also checked the mail and had something from my payroll department. I thought that was odd so I opened it and it was a pay stub. Now I was thoroughly confused, so I checked my bank account and sure enough, I had more money! They made an additional deposit on Monday, which I hadn't seen yet, as an adjustment to the mess up from the week before. So, while Jeffrey slept I paid all of our bills!

Talk about a great feeling! When Jeffrey woke up, I fed him some chicken nuggets and then we went to the store to get groceries. And this kid has been at my side all day. He's currently laying in bed next to me watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics because he wants to sleep with me. I think he's enjoyed spending so much time with me today, I know I enjoyed spending time with him! He's such an amazing kid. I couldn't ask for a better son, and I can't imagine any other three year old reacting this way to our current situation.

I feel so relieved. A huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders with that paycheck. Now everything is paid and caught up the way it should be. And I really don't hurt that much after all the moving around I did today. I'm kind of surprised because I felt like I was pushing it by going to the grocery store. And I might be a little more sore than I normally am, but I feel pretty good overall. Of course, I may pay for this all tomorrow, but for now I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment